Saturday 2 April 2011

April Fool

Early morning text message from sister-in-law, 'Sorry a little cranky, I'm pregnant again!' Cue a little bit of stressing between the Husband and I. Is this news from a single mum of one good? Are congratulations in order? Panic-panic.

Then thankfully one of us spied the calender, April 1st, you bugger! Shot back a 'Yeah, we've been a little funny too, wanted to surprise you, but GrannyPants is also pregnant.'

That'll get her we thought! Although secretly I was starting to panic a little is this a bit like stepping on the devil's tail? But, surely all is fair in love and April Fool's pranks before midday? Received text message: 'Oh, how far along are you? I'm 6 weeks?''

Shit, panic-panic. That doesn't sound like an April Fool's joke. Decided as it was 11.54am had best put this all to bed (where it had obviously all originated from). Shot back with 'Ha-ha April Fool's. But if you are Congrats!'

Unfortunately it appears the being so tricksy has backfired. Before could declare the double Bluff (all lies, all round apparently) news leaked. Some of my friends may in fact think I'm up the duff.

All, in all not very sure about this whole April Fool's malarkey. Is it right that I was hot flushing round the living room at 10am worrying about pseudo-pregnancies, my own included? I think I prefer the French idea of hiding little paper fish in each others clothing on April 1st. At least I hope that's all they were hiding, I wasn't very good at French.

Now if you will excuse me, have an imaginary baby to nurture.

No comments:

Post a Comment